Hi guys. I just wanted to say thanks for all your views, likes, comments etc. related to my recent YouTube video: A Valentine for Carole. There was a time when I used to smirk at the social-media obsessed that had to check their daily scores on all platforms to tally up their self worth. And now, it turns out that I am one them, just as bad if not worse.
There is, however, another less self-centric reason that I am pleased with the attention the video garnered. It is clear from the comments received that it was Carole and our love for each other that resonated with people. In our modern world, where hate seems to capture more and more of our attention, it was encouraging to me that our story—essentially a love story—was able to capture people’s attention and give them a moment of pleasure on a day that’s supposed to be devoted to love.
Here are a few of my favourite comments:
- Arwen E. MacDogooder, Facebook: “Oh my God. That’s so freaking adorable.”
- Paula Bowie, Facebook: “She is a beautiful catch!”
- Gemma Cowan, Facebook: “What a lovely expression of your love and life together.”
- Shirley Jones, Facebook: “Amazing. What a superb valentine gift. Thank you for sharing. Made my day.”
- Donetta Byrd, Twitter: “Sweet video and catchy tune! What did she think?” Reply: She said, “That’s so sweet. I hope it doesn’t go viral.”
- Isabella, Twitter: “Love the song !!!”
- Demian Pettman, You Tube: “Great tune! Very catchy and sweet. Nice vocals Paula 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day Carol ❤ Thanks for sharing a bit of your life!”
I made a video valentine for my wife Carole this year, and I decided to share it here on my Blog. It was so much fun to create because it brought back so many memories and reminders of how lucky I am that she decided to share her life with me. I can only imagine the barren landscape my life would have been had she not been a part of it.
In North America today almost half of marriages end in divorce, and sometimes that’s the only ending that makes any sense. But sometimes too, with a little effort, you can get past the rough spots. I hope our story will be an inspiration for people to take a little time to appreciate their partners on Valentine’s Day.
Hi there. I’ve been getting lots of new views on my YouTube channel lately, mostly because of my song/video Lullaby for Livia, which I wrote for my granddaughter. The song is about the sorry state of the world that her generation will inherit, and my personal pledge to do the best I can for it before I leave. There’s only two song/videos on the channel right now, but I’m planning to add more soon. I’ve been working on a collection of songs for an album called Mystical Journeys, and I’ll be featuring selections from the album on the channel. You can check it out at the link below, and If you like what you hear, please consider subscribing. Ciao for now…
Donald Glenn and His Musical Friends
Most of us agree that climate change needs to be addressed for the sake of our children and grandchildren. What is becoming more apparent with the onslaught of wildfires, drought, floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes is that we also need to address it for our own sakes.