Hi guys. So sorry, but I guess I spoke a little too soon about getting the band back together. The Bowie part of Millar-Bowie has decided to opt out of our date on Saturday at the Gibsons Public Market. Paula has a sore throat, and they have decided to avoid public events for the next while because of the coronavirus. I totally understand and respect their decision.
I’m going ahead with the event and will be performing two 45-minute sets as a solo performer as I’ve done in my last two appearances there.
I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but just as a reminder…
- avoid public events if you’re not feeling well
- maintain a distance of two arm’s lengths from others, especially if they are sneezing or coughing
- wash your hands frequently and keep scrubbing for 10 seconds, which is about the time it takes to sing happy birthday. I like to insert the word “corona” for the name while I’m scrubbing, although for the virus, it’s the opposite of a birthday.
Stay well everybody, much love…
Donald Glenn and His Musical Friends
I’m really looking forward to getting the Millar-Bowie Band back together this weekend. We’ll be playing a 45-minute set in the atrium at the Gibsons Public Market on Saturday, March 14th. The show starts at 2:30 p.m. with a solo set by yours truly, and then Jim and Paula Bowie will join in for a second set at about 3:45 p.m. We’ll also have Jack Polesser with us on drums.
I’ve been playing as a solo performer quite a bit the last little while. It certainly has some advantages: You get to win all the arguments, and you don’t have to share any of the money. But there’s nothing quite as satisfying as joining with other musicians to weave a nice, tight tapestry of sound that connects with an audience. Hopefully, that’s what we’ll be doing on Saturday. Please drop by if you’re in the neighbourhood.
Donald Glenn and His Musical Friends
Hi guys. I just wanted to say thanks for all your views, likes, comments etc. related to my recent YouTube video: A Valentine for Carole. There was a time when I used to smirk at the social-media obsessed that had to check their daily scores on all platforms to tally up their self worth. And now, it turns out that I am one them, just as bad if not worse.
There is, however, another less self-centric reason that I am pleased with the attention the video garnered. It is clear from the comments received that it was Carole and our love for each other that resonated with people. In our modern world, where hate seems to capture more and more of our attention, it was encouraging to me that our story—essentially a love story—was able to capture people’s attention and give them a moment of pleasure on a day that’s supposed to be devoted to love.
Here are a few of my favourite comments:
- Arwen E. MacDogooder, Facebook: “Oh my God. That’s so freaking adorable.”
- Paula Bowie, Facebook: “She is a beautiful catch!”
- Gemma Cowan, Facebook: “What a lovely expression of your love and life together.”
- Shirley Jones, Facebook: “Amazing. What a superb valentine gift. Thank you for sharing. Made my day.”
- Donetta Byrd, Twitter: “Sweet video and catchy tune! What did she think?” Reply: She said, “That’s so sweet. I hope it doesn’t go viral.”
- Isabella, Twitter: “Love the song !!!”
- Demian Pettman, You Tube: “Great tune! Very catchy and sweet. Nice vocals Paula 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day Carol ❤ Thanks for sharing a bit of your life!”
The Millar-Bowie Band entered a song in this year’s Searchlight Contest at CBC. It’s called, Calling Me Home, and you can listen to it by following the link below. If you like it, please vote for us. Thanks!
Vote for us!
Hello everyone. The Millar-Bowie Band will be at the Lighthouse Pub this Friday from 7 to 11 p.m. Come join us for some good food, good songs and good times.
Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know that we released our new single, Calling Me Home, on Christmas Day, and it is now available for download at all your favourite digital and streaming services. Just sign on to your favourite service and search for the Millar-Bowie Band. Or, use one of our favourites from the list below.
Google Music Store
Hi there. Just wanted to send everybody our our warm wishes and positive vibes for the holiday season. We hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to spending some quality time with friends and family this Christmas.
Our gift to you this year is this link to our brand new YouTube channel. We have one music video uploaded there right now, and we’re planning to add lots more in the New Year. The song featured in the video, Calling Me Home, will be available on all major distribution sites and streaming services, including Apple itunes, Google Play and Spotify, starting on Christmas Day.
So please stay tuned, and if you like the music, please subscribe to the channel.
All the best to you…