Hi guys. I just wanted to say thanks for all your views, likes, comments etc. related to my recent YouTube video: A Valentine for Carole. There was a time when I used to smirk at the social-media obsessed that had to check their daily scores on all platforms to tally up their self worth. And now, it turns out that I am one them, just as bad if not worse.
There is, however, another less self-centric reason that I am pleased with the attention the video garnered. It is clear from the comments received that it was Carole and our love for each other that resonated with people. In our modern world, where hate seems to capture more and more of our attention, it was encouraging to me that our story—essentially a love story—was able to capture people’s attention and give them a moment of pleasure on a day that’s supposed to be devoted to love.
Here are a few of my favourite comments:
- Arwen E. MacDogooder, Facebook: “Oh my God. That’s so freaking adorable.”
- Paula Bowie, Facebook: “She is a beautiful catch!”
- Gemma Cowan, Facebook: “What a lovely expression of your love and life together.”
- Shirley Jones, Facebook: “Amazing. What a superb valentine gift. Thank you for sharing. Made my day.”
- Donetta Byrd, Twitter: “Sweet video and catchy tune! What did she think?” Reply: She said, “That’s so sweet. I hope it doesn’t go viral.”
- Isabella, Twitter: “Love the song !!!”
- Demian Pettman, You Tube: “Great tune! Very catchy and sweet. Nice vocals Paula 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day Carol ❤ Thanks for sharing a bit of your life!”